This 3ft 4in Model Is Breaking The Fashion Norms And Stereotypes Like A Boss

She proves you can look sexy no matter what.

The 21-year-old, Dru Presta is on a mission to change the fashion industry forever. Born with a form of dwarfism, Dru is only 3 feet and 4 inches tall (approx. 1 meter), but that couldn't stop her from following her dreams and inspire people who meet her along the way.
Dru is suffering from a rare condition, achondroplasia. She's the only person in the family who is a dwarf, and there are no other people in her family who have the same problem, so it wasn't easy for her to grow up in a neighborhood where people bullied her and laughed at her dreams.
However, nothing could strop Dru, and she soon moved to LA and started her modeling career. To everyone's surprise, Dru began to push the boundaries and reached the place where she is today pretty quickly. 
"I want everybody in the fashion world just to be accepted. I want anybody to be able to walk that runway just like anybody else, whether you see them rolling down the runway in your wheelchair or on crutches." 

The 21-year-old Dru has set new rules in the fashion industry.

The 21-year-old Dru has set new rules in the fashion industry.
With her story, one can only tell that beauty has no definite size, and you can't set rules for what's beyond.

And now, when she is full of confidence; Dru shares that it wasn't easy to get here.

And now, when she is full of confidence; Dru shares that it wasn't easy to get here.
As Daily Mail reports, "The way people reacted was not the best way for a child forever be exposed to, so, it's small in diversity. They weren't quite accepting of the fact of something that was different. Something abnormal." 


As we learned, she is the only person in the family to have taken birth with dwarfism.

As we learned, she is the only person in the family to have taken birth with dwarfism.
So, not only Dru, but it was an overall learning experience for her family as well on how to deal with bullies.

Talking proudly about her family, Dru says:

Talking proudly about her family, Dru says:
"In my family, I am the only dwarf and all of history with my family life. So, they were, kind of, learning as I was learning through my life. They did the best they could, and they did an excellent job."

She adds further:

She adds further:
"They don't want to shelter me, which they usually do with a lot of Little People because they feel scared to see their child just to go out in general." 

Dru's life changed after her graduation:

Dru's life changed after her graduation:
It was after her graduation only, when Dru decided to take the big step in her life and moved to LA.

Talking about her decision to enter the fashion industry, Dru shares:

Talking about her decision to enter the fashion industry, Dru shares:
"I decided to get into this field because I don't want anyone else to feel like they can't express themselves in the way I did back home."

She added further:

She added further:
"I don't want them to feel secluded. I don't want them to feel like they have to wear what everybody else is wearing, just because that's what offered in our size. I want people to be able to feel as free as I do. I want my modeling photos to show that you can be sexy in any size. You can be super duper tall and six foot, four inches and you can be three foot, four inches like me and still look sexy and cute."

Struggles of her life:

Struggles of her life:
Before starting her career as a full-time model, Dru used to struggle a lot in finding the clothes that she could fit in.

She explains:

She explains:
"My fashion sense was honestly non-existent back home until I moved to Los Angeles. I did what I could at stores. I was doing my best to fixing them."

But now, Dru just loves shopping.

But now, Dru just loves shopping.
And the modeling career has given her freedom to just wear anything she wants, without any fear of what people and society may think.

Till now, Dru has managed to gather more than 10,000 Instagram followers.

Till now, Dru has managed to gather more than 10,000 Instagram followers.
And she hopes that her career will help many people like her out there to choose to model as a profession without a second thought.

Dru wants every human to be accepted everywhere.

Dru wants every human to be accepted everywhere. 
She says"I want people to be able to feel like they can do it just like anybody else. And I want the fashion world to be able to see that - we're just like everybody else."  

In her advice to dwarf people she said:

In her advice to dwarf people she said:
Just become what you love to become, be free.

Did you find Dru inspiring? Share your views in the comments

Did you find Dru inspiring? Share your views in the comments.

Comments